Well, I’m almost 25. Which is why I want to count down some of the most valuable life lessons I’ve learned. You know, from being a quarter century old. That should make me really wise, right? You can be the judge.
25. Spend money on quality clothes. They’ll last longer and be a better investment.
24. In that vein, separate your laundry and check all of your pockets before you chuck it all in the washer. (I learned this the hard way…several times.)
23. Stress will kill you slowly. Find something to channel your energy into.
22. Go with the flow as much as possible. Resistance isn’t futile, but it’s exhausting.
21. Repeat after me: grades. don’t. define. you.
20. Do anything that makes you feel beautiful. Wear make-up or don’t. Do your hair or don’t. Life is too short to not feel like a goddess.
19. You may despise your sibling now, but give it time. You’ll need him/her one day. For everything.
18. Your parents have given you so much. Thank them whenever you get the chance.
17. Talk to everyone and anyone. Learn their life’s story. It’ll make you more empathetic.
16. Indulge in your pity parties. Sometimes that’s the only way to get over things.
15. Read every book from cover to cover. Every author has something to teach you.
14. Don’t feel bad about buying music you like. It’s always a good investment.
13. I’m not saying everyone needs to date their significant other for 10 years but…it worked for me.
12. Remember to be excited about things. Apathy is for people who don’t enjoy life.
11. Sing in the shower as much as possible.
10. Own a soft blanket. Trust me, you’ll need it.
9. Don’t take yourself so seriously. Make a mistake, learn, keep going.
8. Step on all the crunchy acorns and leaves you see. No, this is a rule.
7. Throw some things out once in awhile. You don’t need material possessions as much as you think you do.
6. Be the weirdo. If people aren’t friends with you, they’ll at least remember you.
5. Work out. I promise that you’ll feel better after. Even if you really, really, really don’t want to.
4. Good friends are hard to find. But once you find them, make sure you make time for them regularly.
3. Chocolate will keep the dementors from getting to you. So keep it on hand.
2. If you put out positive vibes, positive vibes will come back to you.
1. Be who you are, no matter what. It’ll make all of your decisions really easy when you know who you are.