For those of you in love with all things Timelord, you probably already know that Doctor Who will be celebrating their 50th year anniversary this Saturday with a simulcast precisely at 2:50 PM. Now, you can relive the wonder and adventure of the reboot started in 2005 with a marathon on BBC and BBC America. From Doctors 9-11, BBC is replaying all of it.
But if you haven’t indulged in the most popular science fiction show of all time yet, I won’t spoil it for you. No, I will simply give you 50 reasons (in no particular order) why it’s not too late to align yourself with a legacy. And don’t take just take my word for it! Start watching now, and join me as BaileyDailey engages in her own Doctor Who takeover all week.
50. See somewhere new. Actually, see all of time and space.
49. Reenactments of historical events with some slight adjustments by the Doctor.
48. Meeting the T.A.R.D.I.S. again and again.
47. Meeting the Doctor…er…again and again.
46. Rose Tyler.
44. “Just once, everybody lives!”
43. Martha Freakin’ Jones.
42. Donna Noble has been saved.
41. “That’s a bit ood.”
39. “It’s bigger on the inside.”
38. Sonic screwdrivers.
37. Amy Pond and Rory Williams.
36. Clara, the Impossible Girl.
34. The Girl Who Waited.
33. “Bowties are cool.”
32. Christmas specials.
29. The Vashta Nerada.
27. “Rude and not ginger.”
24. The Slitheen.
19. The Weeping Angels.
18. Sally Sparrow, and all the companions that could have been.
17. River Song.
16. Melody Pond.
14. Sarah Jane Smith.
13. Mr. Smith.
11. “I’m not amused.”
9. “He’s like fire and ice and rage…”
8. The Oncoming Storm.
7. The Doctor’s Wife.
6. The Girl in the Fireplace.
2. Two hearts.
Are you properly confused? Good. You won’t feel any less confused by watching Doctor Who, but you will have some fun!